NowRenting partners with TransUnion to provide background checks paid for by the applicant.
- Make sure that your own address is entered properly. Go to Settings > Company > Details and enter your address in the Address form.
- If the prospective tenant has not yet been entered into NowRenting’s system, follow the instructions here to create a new Lead. An option at the end of that process will let you start a background check for that Lead from there.
- Click on Background Checks in the top navigation bar, and then click the Add Background Check button.
- On the next page, fill out the applicant’s contact information.
- Then give TransUnion some information about the property the applicant is interested in.
- You can also ask for a custom recommendation from TransUnion, or specify an additional upcharge to the application fee.
- Once the background check request is sent, the applicant will be asked to consent to the background check, pay the fee, and fill out some information in order to confirm their identity with TransUnion. You can check the status of a pending background check at any time by going to the Background Checks page.