Today is another big day for NowRenting. When you are a young, scrappy, hungry startup, big days should be happening regularly, and for NowRenting, we are happy to report that they are. If you look at our release notes since September of last year, you can certainly see an “up and to the right” trajectory. How about a quick recap?
- September 1, 2017—NowRenting launches with listing syndication and lead screening for landlords.
- September 13th, 2017—NowRenting partners with the Zillow Network.
- November 17th, 2017—NowRenting begins to target Realtors with version 2.0.
- December 1st, 2017—The concept of Listings, Leads and Leases is born and the NowRenting Directory goes live! Realtors and Rental Professionals begin showcasing their businesses.
- January 1st, 2018—Listings, Leads and Leases goes live. Sister site Tenantly releases Tenant search functionality. NowRenting partners with QuickBooks online. ACH functionality goes live.
- January 9th, 2018—NowRenting launches the LeadFeed.
- January 18th, 2018—Tenant searches reach 200.
- January 29th, 2018—Keller Williams RI partners with NowRenting.
- February 2nd, 2018—Boston City Properties partners with NowRenting.
- February 20th, 2018—NowRenting crosses the 1,000 users threshold.
And here we are. It’s been a great, fast climb, and we are still climbing.
As we take a look back at what we have learned, these two things are overwhelmingly apparent: 1. The rental process is smoothest when Rental Professionals, Landlords and Tenants work together, and 2. The right kind of technology can unify those three separate, but equally important, groups.
To quote the blog found here, the mission of NowRenting will be:
“Use the internet to unify and simplify the residential rental space for Landlords, Tenants and Professionals.”
This mission, when stated this way, seems simple enough, and was born from the passion and desire to solve this problem. The simple fact remains that when all 3 of these elements are part of this process, everyone wins. I believe that it is our mission and responsibility to prove this to be true.
So, with all this in mind, the latest release of NowRenting will focus on what we are calling the Rental Eco-System. NowRenting will now break up into these 3 elements:
NowRenting Professional will give Rental Professionals access to all the technology necessary to be hyper-efficient, along with access to Tenants and Landlords. NowRenting Professional will include a first of its kind CRM to manage the entire workflow from start to finish. From Marketing to Syndication to Management, NowRenting will have the Rental Professional covered.
NowRenting Landlord accounts will make it easier than ever to manage your rental experience. With customizable leases, the Landlord CRM, QuickBooks integration and easy to use ACH, the Landlord is in total control at every point in the lease cycle.
NowRenting Tenant now replaces Tenantly as the first of its kind property search site that manages the entire process of renting your dream home. It starts with setting your criteria for an apartment, then it lines you up with a Professional, to guide and represent you in your search, and finally, it allows you to manage your search through the tenant dashboard. Once you’ve signed your lease, NowRenting Tenant will store your lease and set reminders for lease expiration. The entire Rental experience in one place.
- There are now three account types: Professional, Landlord and Tenant. Availability of various features depends on account type.
- Landlord CRM: A new tool for users with Professional accounts to keep track of the landlords they’re doing business with, as well as the deals they make with those landlords.
- Bug fixes and style upgrades were made to nearly every part of the site in support of the new user account type structure.